Image Map

Golden Oldies Thursday: Pink

09 January 2014

Another day, another new nail polish challenge.  This is another of Crumpet's Nail Tarts challenges - Golden Oldies Thursday.


The rules are simple:
  • The polish you use should be at least one year old.
  • If you haven't been a polishaholic that long, you can use the older polishes you have
  • The polish should be previously used, but if you're stuck, you could free a yearling from Mount Untried
  • You can use more than 1 polish as long as it fits the theme and the rules.
So this week's challenge is pink.  I had a long look at my stash and finally spotted an OPI pink that has been there for so long, it's got wrinkles.  It's called Sparrow Me the Drama from the Pirates of the Caribbean range.  So actually, the polish is from 2011 which makes it super old!  I also found a tub of flocking powder which, although it's quite old.


I thought I'd do some fancy nail art with the flocking powder and striping tape.  I applied two coats of Sparrow Me the Drama then Insta-Dry over the top.  Once it dried I applied the striping tape in random patterns then added another layer of Insta-dry then the flocking powder.  But, by the time I'd applied the flocking powder, patted it down and got rid of any excess, the polish was too dry and it was very difficult to get rid of the tape without ruining the design.

So my nails looked like a muppet that had been mauled.  But I thought I'd share the pictures anyway, just so you can have a laugh!






Everyone else has done some fantastic designs so you should go and take a look.

1 comment:

I always look forward to your lovely messages and comments and always try to reply! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...