Image Map

Challenge Week 35: Matte Magic Nails

26 August 2013

The challenge this week has come just in time because my Sally Hansen top coat has started to run dry. I don't get paid until Friday and am super skint so I'll be making the most of my matte top coat this week.

So, I couldn't think which of my favourite styles of nail art to do with a matte twist - would tribal or splatter look better.  Then I decided actually to try a Saran wrap manicure (clingfilm for us British Bloggers).

The varnishes I used were:

  • Opi Nail Envy
  • China Glaze Make Some Noise
  • Sally Hansen Dorian Grey
  • Rimmel Pro Matte Finish Top Coat
This manicure is really easy to do and looks super effective.
  1. Paint your base coat then two layers of your base colour.
  2. Wait for your base colour to be superdry then paint one layer of your top colour on the top of one nail.
  3. Using a little ball of clingfilm, press lightly against the nail until some of the colour comes up.  Be careful not to take all the colour up though.
  4. Do this for each nail.
  5. Once the polish is dry, clean up and add your top coat.
I looked at a few blogs for guidance on creating this look before giving it a go and I loved looking at all the different colour combinations.





In other news - I'm currently looking for someone who can help me redesign my blog.  If you think you can help (and obviously, I'm not looking for free help) please e-mail me at Naileymabob@gmail.com.  Thank you! :-)

P.S I think the next nail related purchase I make will be a light box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always look forward to your lovely messages and comments and always try to reply! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...