Image Map

Challenge Week 15: Black & White

12 April 2013

This week's challenge is Black & White.  Should have been easy, say you?  Well first I forgot and then I ruined my last nail art brush freehanding another black & white design so I had to scrap that attempt and then I forgot again.

Then I remembered that I have been longing to try the "splatter" technique for ages and thought that this would look amazing with just black and white.  So I gave it a go.

The splatter technique is really easy to do.  Just incase you don't know how, here's a small tutorial.

What you need:

  • Straws (I used one out of a drink carton)
  • Newspaper (to cover your surfaces, this gets messy)
  • Polishes of your choice

The colours I used:


  • Barry M Black
  • Model's Own White
How to do it:
  1. Chose a colour for your base.  For this manicure I used white.
  2. Give it at least 10 minutes for the base to dry, or use a quick dry top coat.
  3. Once it's dry, dip your straw into the first colour (for this manicure black).  This needs to go in far enough to create a "film" over the top.
  4. Holding the straw about 5cm above your nail, blow sharply into the straw (a nice short puff works best).
  5. Once the splatter has dried, splatter with more colours.
  6. Tidy up.
  7. Add a top coat to finish

As you can see from the first picture, the manicure is really messy at first.  I tried using tape, but found it difficult to hold the straw with tape covered fingers!

But once it's cleaned up the manicure is actually really effective.



1 comment:

  1. Omg, these look AMAZING! They're fab! And you did v well with the clean up, I hated cleaning up when I did mine (same colour combo - great minds....)
    Deffo keep this on as long as poss. Love it!
    Also, I love the "what you need, colours to use, how to do it" guide - you should do that for all your manis!
    <3

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to your lovely messages and comments and always try to reply! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...